Digital Operations Coordinator APPLY NOW
Do you love managing operations, organizing chaos into streamlined workflows, and have a knack for project management? Are you interested in joining our mission to reduce food waste and believe you have what it takes to help us rise to the occasion? Looking to kickstart your career while making a tangible social and environmental impact in the CPG industry? If so, we knead you!
Susgrainable is looking for a talented tech-savvy digital operations coordinator to enhance our digital infrastructure, drive operational excellence, and help develop an enterprise resource planning system. In this role, you will have the chance to develop your digital and operational skills, play a pivotal role in shaping our company's future operations, and be able to pull the strings on your bosses. This position will be working alongside and reporting to our CEO & COO.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise resource planning system to automate and manage core business processes for optimal performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify operational business requirements and translate them into effective digital solutions, workflows, and processes.
- Conduct audits to identify inefficiencies in current operational processes and recommend areas for improvement.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of new digital tools, technologies, and vendors to enhance operational efficiency within our team and with external stakeholders in our supply chain.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of various operational tasks and projects to support management in achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage and maintain accurate documentation, coordinate workflow logistics, and handle administrative tasks related to operational procedures and activities.
- Provide training and support to team members on ERP system usage and digital tools, best practices, and resource management standards.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring KPIs to track project success and Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to streamline processes and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead end-to-end project management efforts, from project planning and resource allocation to execution, monitoring, and successful project delivery.
- Track project performance using appropriate tools and techniques, reporting on key metrics and providing regular updates to leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in operations, logistics, and project management.
Skills & Experience
The following skills are desirable as they will help you excel in your role, and contribute to our company’s growth and success. To be successful in this role, you may have:
- A strong understanding of project management, digital infrastructure, and ERP systems.
- 6+ months of relevant experience within an operations, project management, information technology, or supply chain role; including professional, academic, or volunteer experience.
- New graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in business, operations & logistics, information technology, finance, marketing, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate effectively across teams and with external partners, and convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a detail-oriented mindset and proactive approach to identifying and addressing project challenges and bottlenecks.
- Willingness to learn and a demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts, adapting to evolving situations and tasks with enthusiasm and efficiency.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, their architecture, configuration, and customization options.
- Familiarity with compliance standards and data security best practices.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of products such as Office, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Pursuing certifications related to ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle), CRM tools (Salesforce, HubSpot), or project management (PMP) are a plus but not expected.
- Independent and self-directed individual who is comfortable working remotely from home.
This is a remote position for a 6-8 month internship, with the potential to be extended. The candidate should be located anywhere near Vancouver. Any meeting times will occur in the Pacific Time Zone. Scheduling is flexible, though meetings may be booked anytime between 9AM-4PM PST.
Susgrainable rescues spent grains from craft brewers to create nutritious, delicious, and easy-to-make flours and baking mixes. Susgrainable is redefining what it means to have a sustainable business model by leveraging technology and partnerships to create Upcycled Barley Flour and Baking Mixes from what was previously considered as waste in the beer industry. We are on a mission to rescue the 450,000+ tons of spent grain produced daily by Canadian craft breweries - doing our part to decrease the staggering 58% of all food is wasted statistic.
With our circular economy business model, our bold vision is to create a world where food waste and diabetes are a thing of the past. Our recipe for success means staying true to our core values: Health, Collaboration, Empowerment, Accountability, and Fun. In doing so, we aim to strike the right balance to build healthier communities, healthier people, and a healthier planet!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Susgrainable values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Business Unit: Operations
Date Posted: 2023-09-06
Start Date: Mid October, 20232023-09-30|||Vancouver, BC|||Administration||||||fh5QlHCa9WxSqub2|||INTERN|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||