Basic Cookie Recipe
Makes 12-18 cookies | 15 minutes prep | 30 minutes total
- 1 cup (120 grams) / Susgrainable Flour
- 1 ¼ cups (130 grams) / Quick Oats
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) / baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) / baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (0.75 grams) / salt
This is the part of the recipe where you make the important decisions. What is this going to taste like? Here is some inspiration for you. Chocolate chips, pecans, coconut, raisins, cranberries, Smarties, and the list goes on...
IMPORTANT: Stick to adding no more than 1 ½ cups of dry ingredients to keep your cookies from becoming dry.
- ½ cup (113 grams) / butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup (32 grams) / brown sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) / pure vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Combine the dry ingredients from the previous section and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Add the egg and optional vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix starting at low and increase speed until a fluffy batter is produced (approximately 1 minute).
- Add the dry ingredients that were previously set aside. Mix slowly until well combined and sticking together.
- Form cookies to desired size
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Allow to cool before digging in