Pizza is more than just a delicious treat—it can also be a symbol of sustainable eating. If you're a fan of both pizza and the planet, our Upcycled Barley Flour Pizza Crust is perfect for you!
Craft breweries often discard barley grains even though they're packed with nutrition. At Susgrainable, we've given this "waste" a delightful twist, transforming it into our special upcycled barley flour and, now, a mouth-watering pizza crust.
In our recent video, join Ben and Marc as they team up with their spirited nephew, Corbin. Together, they roll up their sleeves to knead, shape, and bake a pizza that's not just tasty but also planet-friendly!
Recipe for Upcycled Barley Flour Pizza Crust:
• 1 1/3 cups pancake mix
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup white wine (or milk, if preferred)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and knead until you achieve a smooth dough.
2. Roll or press the dough to form a 12-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper.
3. Gently transfer the dough onto a pizza stone or a baking pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 8-11 minutes. Once the crust is slightly golden, take it out and add your favorite toppings and cheese.
5. Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts and the toppings are cooked to your liking. Enjoy your delicious pizza, knowing each bite supports a more sustainable world!
At Susgrainable, our mission goes beyond creating delicious recipes. Every slice you enjoy is a step towards a more sustainable future, showcasing how food waste can be innovatively turned into delectable meals.
So, the next time you're craving a pizza, remember there's a way to satisfy your tastebuds while also being kind to our planet. Every choice matters—especially the delicious ones!
Enjoyed this recipe? Don't forget to like, share, and subscribe to our blog to join us on our sustainable food journey!